New Zealand is ranked by the World Bank as
- The best country in the world to Start a Business
- The best country in the world in Protecting Investors
- The second best (after Singapore) in Ease of Doing Business
Read the most recently available data from New Zealand here
Recognising the potential of New Zealand on being a link between China and Latin America, Erdödy Consultancy Ltd and I Grow New Zealand signed an agreement between the two companies to drive mutual business between Erdödy Consultancy and I Grow.
I Grow is a New Zealand based corporate finance advisory firm that specialises in the following areas:
- Capital Raising for high growth businesses;
- Identification and negotiation of strategic partnerships and licensing agreements;
- Merger & Acquisition Advisory services;
- Market Entry Strategies for the USA and China;
- Public Private Innovation Strategies and Reviews.
I Grow and Erdödy Consultancy have worked together on various projects since 2005 and have started to recognise the potential value of integrating Erdödy Consultancy’s Latin American networks with I Grow’s Chinese networks.
Erdödy Consultancy and I Grow have identified a number of broad opportunities to work together on in relation to a China / Latin American alliance, specifically identifying:
- Latin American companies that are interested in developing business relationships in China, covering trade or investment in China.
- Businesses in South America that are looking for expansion capital or which are being sold that could be of interest to Chinese Investors.
- Identifying Chinese based businesses looking to expand its trade or investment activities into Latin America.
Based on the work I Grow has done to date in China since 2008 we see specific opportunities in the following areas:
- Food and Beverage –
- Forestry and Wood products –
- Mining Resources –
- Venture Capital Investors – We are working with a number of groups that are interested in high growth opportunities in the Chinese market, which could be a channel for international firms to establish themselves in that market.
I Grow and Erdödy Consultancy will look to identify projects which can leverage the capabilities and networks of the other firm with a view to generating a long term business relationship involving trade and investment activity between China and Latin America.
I Grow has a dedicated resource based in China that is more flexible and responsive than the larger firms, as well as being more price competitive. In terms of the Latin America / China link we believe that New Zealand offers some unique advantages to leveraging this relationship, including time zones but more importantly New Zealand’s position as the first developed country to negotiate a Free Trade Agreement with China, and the position and status that provides for New Zealand Businesses and its partners.